PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair
Thread: Ryanair
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2006, 17:22
Captain Douglas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its not often that i feel its necessary to make a post, only a few in so many years. I cannot understand the impatience of wannabees coming out of these schools with 200 hours feeling that they have the god given right to jump into the RHS of a jet.

Your impatience is changing the terms and conditions of our industry and until you fly for an airline you will never appreciate this. It took me 6 years to get my first airline job and that was on a TP, before that I instructed, flew air taxis for next to nothing to increase my employability. It wasn't for 7 years that i got offered to fly in the RHS of a jet for a well established charter airline. I was offered a job, the TR was paid for, yes I was bonded for 2 years but that is totally acceptable. I am paid a good salary as a SFO and I believe that there are not enough people coming through the system with similar backgrounds. WHY IS THIS? As alot of you guys are prepared to solicit yourselves in the desperation of flying a jet.

If you love flying, go and instruct for a few years, fly air taxis and then apply to the Airlines. You may now be offered a job with better terms and conditions!

I do feel strongly about this, it is not that I feel that I have come from the best background and it makes a better calibre of pilot. I have struggled through very hard times (Septmeber 11) BUT I have never paid for a Type Rating and will never do so. You guys are ruining our industry and make no mistake about that!