PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair
Thread: Ryanair
View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2006, 13:34
Busbar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What a lot of people forget is one basic fact. An airline is a business. It is there to make MONEY! And that is the bottom line. That's all it will ever be about. They are not flying clubs there to fulfill our dreams of flying, that's what the local flying school is for!

Now, I disagree with the new terms and conditions that I read about on this thread for the cadets, but some of the replies e.g. from scroggs. are very valid points. You will not earn £70k+ when starting out in any profession, especially when you have 250 hours and a F/ATPL in aviation. But the long term prospects are good. The money, lifestyle, roster stability, promotion prospects are very good in FR and I would encourage anybody to look at the long term picture with them.

This is aimed at A320rider:

I follow your posts on this thread and others and I notice you are very unhappy with paying out money to develop your career. Ok, you have a point in as much that Airline's should be paying for their Pilot's training and conversions. Granted, however, the industry is not the same as it used to be, and the more you jump up and down about how unfair the whole thing is, it will not make a blind bit of difference! Because if you won't take the job with FR and pay for the TR, the next man/woman in the que will, so in effect all you are doing is serving yourself an injustice. To change things like paying for TR's, it has to be a massive stand of lots of people against companies, not individuals in the corner shouting how unfair the whole thing is. And even then, it will still be difficult.

I wish you guys all the best with it! (Hope that's not upset too many folks )