PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The end of Air NZ
View Single Post
Old 26th Oct 2006, 01:27
kavu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So if AirNZ are making sooo much profit, why are they trying to get rid of staff in all areas? Didn't they restructure themselves properly a few years ago when the government had to bail them out and had Ralph Norris in charge.

They're getting rid of assets that are making them money - the Engineering which brought in a huge amount of money cos the new manager doesn'twant to go looking for work unlike his old manager who could bring in the work.

Ground and baggage handlers are now getting the chop and more middle management are likely to follow.

It seems a bit odd that if Air NZ were to split the company then they would try to reduce the price of it's share before doing so. By increasing the share price they just make it harder to split the company. That's if this is there intention.

Well that's my thoughts on the matter. I could be wrong but again I say - what does the current board at Air NZ think it is doing?

Hang on a minute - just had a thought. (I know it's rare, don't laugh too hard)

If they're trying to make the company look good (in the books at least) with increased profits then they are probably looking at trying to sell the company.

Thoughts, comment?

Last edited by kavu; 26th Oct 2006 at 01:37. Reason: Brain fart!