PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Connect (was City Express)
View Single Post
Old 25th Oct 2006, 22:11
Thumperdown

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A few answers

Hi PZ
About 20 in TP pool
There is no age discrimination in BA Connect nor age v's experience requirement. The most suitable applicant will get the Job (put in the pool). Most recent late starter was 46 previous to that 52.
Modular will only be considered for TP pool. I was a modular chap - for the same reasons as you and a flying instructor as well - I know exactly what you mean. Abolutely no cons for overseas - the requirement is to hold a JAA FATPL and have the right to live and work in the UK &/or IOM. FI job is great! Does not pay too well but a great way to learn and teach the basic skills. Ex instructors are prime candidates for Training appointments further down the line. An experience which will stand you in good stead.
The answer to your last point re your 146 lady friend of a friend is categorically no. BA Connect operate under the wing of the BA fair employment policy and therefore 'who you know' has no bearing. I have a modular colleague who I would like to get started and I can't. I would suggest I probably have a little more influence in the recruiting department than your friend!!
Any more q's please feel free to ask. I know what it was like when I wanted a my first job and will attempt to answer any sensible q's as honestly and factualy as I can. Obviously there are areas which would be unreasonable for me to make comment in which case I will say so.
Regards
Thumper