PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Instructors, a rare breed indeed!!
View Single Post
Old 25th Oct 2006, 20:38
advocate for devils

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil

unfazed,

Apologies if I touched a nerve! If you took the time to read my previous reply you would already know I am in the process of trying to become an instructor (long way to go).

While the financial reward is also important to myself I have my eyes wide open. Having recently completed my PPL. I am no 'natural pilot' and accept the fact I will be spending £10.000's to get where I want to be - MY CHOICE!

If you are not an instructor and haven't paid your dues because you perceive the hurdles to be too difficult, too expensive, or you just can't be arsed then FOXTROT OSCAR to another area of the PRUNE website and get a life.
Your hostile reply (without checking the facts!) is an excellent example of some of the attitudes I have highlighted. THANK YOU FOR PROVING SOME OF MY POINTS AS ACCURATE.

I am aware of MANY excellent instructors- several who have not only helped me get where I am today but also have actively encouraged me to look at the 'career instructor' route.

My point is aimed squarely at the MINORITY who are so protective of themselves and so selfcentred that they will down hearten and scupper the aspirations of others because they cannot cope the the chips on their own shoulders.

MCC I understand to be a requirement for the airlines - including the ability to work with and respect others opinions! I simply think instructors could be helping themselves more by helping each other!