PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Verbal Fractricide
View Single Post
Old 25th Oct 2006, 19:14
The Helpful Stacker

Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by TheInquisitor
I'll never defend movers for anything.
But why, why, WHY must 'Jointery' mean bringing everybody down to the lowest common denominator? How about you take a step up and join US?
The Army seems to have a pathological fear of hotels - the reason you're not in one is because your CoC want you to suffer, and won't pay the (amost always cheaper than on-base stateside!) bill.
Agreed.

I spent my fair share of time living is muddy holes in the ground in both the infantry and during my time wearing the coveted blue/grey and as I've found out on many occasions, any idiot can be uncomfortable.

Once on an exercise in Cyprus some Sandhurst educated idiot on the joint, non-tac exercise tried to have everyone (well OR wise) living in 12x12 tents at Pine Tracks camp even though there was plenty of transit accommodation available (as the small RAF contingent discovered). Fortunately for the Army lads, with the Army SNCO's briefed on the availability of hardened accommodation by us crabs and the ok given to use it by the accommodation cell a small, yet effective mutiny took place, followed by much happier squaddies and nights of free drinks for us happy few in Tommy Tuckers.