PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Agusta AW139
Thread: Agusta AW139
View Single Post
Old 25th Oct 2006, 18:11
NickLappos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bpaggi,
You said, "You perfectly know that power can be decisive in many occasions in getting out of troubles without considering the engine failure case."

Nobody is arguing that power is not nice, and nobody is saying that a bunch of power is not good, but what I am saying is that a two-engined helo that doesn't need the second engine will burn 30% more gas to do its job, and is carrying transmissions, engines and shafting around that are much more expensive to buy and operate.

Regarding safety, do you have any statistics on what causes helo accidents? I do, and insufficient power is simply not an issue. Can you share your secret stash of data that shows how power is the real hidden cause of helo accidents?

You don't have to agree, because we aren't asking for a vote, just the facts. Are you saying that the 139 does not burn 1000 pounds per hour? Are you contending that the 139 carries more passengers farther than its competitors? My point is that it has awsome power, and pays a big price for that. Do you disagree?