PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Verbal Fractricide
View Single Post
Old 25th Oct 2006, 17:02
Amateur Aviator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry RAF Verbal Fractricide

Dear all,

I’m sorry I haven’t been around for a while, but there hasn’t really been that much of a need for me to poke my head up from behind the sand dune and lower my blood pressure a few notches by having a good old-fashioned rant. That doesn’t mean to say that there hasn’t been a need to rant, but I’ve been beaten to the punch. Curses! There have been some good ones, so keep it up.

Well, brace yourselves, it’s my turn.
Before everyone starts thinking ‘Who’s pi55ed off AA now?’, take a moment to consider the lucky contestants-
Who will it be?

A: The movers (inc JATEU)

B: The movers (inc JATEU)

Or

C: The movers (inc JATEU)

I know they’ve received a lot of bad press over the past few months, what with the farce that is the pax terminal at the ‘Deid, and more recently, the shambles at Akrotiri (My, how I’m glad I’m not the SAMO there………..).
But this you have to hear.

AA has been lucky enough to be sent away from the UK. Only this time, I’m away somewhere well west of the UK, on exercise. What a nice pre-TELIC holiday, thank you very much.

As nice as it is to be away from the UK, in a particularly humid +30, in a just about air-conditioned 10-man room, with a personal frog chorus (not the Paul McCartney version) every time you go to the ablutions (the same one that is 40 metres away from the 10 man room), with the walk made easier as the mosquitoes carry you to and from said ablutions, there is a contentious issue you need to hear.

But enough of that. The real point is……….

WHY THE FUNK ARE THE RAF MOVERS (inc JATEU) IN A 4* HOTEL DOWNTOWN ON RATES (this is when they’re not driving steps into jets at BZN)?

In the RAF SH force, we have embraced jointery. We have to. It’s called JHC, modesty and frankly, professionalism in today’s Forces. So why the hell do the rest of the RAF pitch up somewhere and totally undermine jointery by sodding off downtown into the 4* hotel to get leathered on rates? It’s certainly not because the hotel is nearer to the airport. Yes boys and girls, the Army have noticed, and yes, they have commented.

Q. Who signed the ‘Non-availability of Service Accommodation’ forms then lads?

A. Hmmmm. I cannot answer that question in case I incriminate the movers (inc JATEU).

Just a little poser for you out there. You know who you are. For those who haven’t figured it out yet, yes, it’s the movers (and JATEU).

That should do it for now. I’ll sit back and watch from the touchline with the half time oranges and the fat wheezy boys with the note from matron (Blackadder Series 4, Episode 6).

AA out (ducking for cover).

Last edited by Amateur Aviator; 25th Oct 2006 at 17:19.