PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hour building (USA)
View Single Post
Old 25th Oct 2006, 17:01
Greystoke999

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hour building in the USA

Hi all
I have just got back from a very enjoyable couple of weeks in Florida doing some hour building. The weather back in the UK however makes me feel like getting the next plane back!

I know alot of people regularly ask (me included) where is recommended for hour building.

Well having been to a couple of other well known places in Florida previously I elected this time time to try Voyager Aviation at Merritt Island. I am proud to say I made an excellent choice and found them to be highly professional (without losing that friendly family feel), efficient and extremely competitive.

They had an excellent selection of aircraft including C152, C172, PA28-160, PA28-200R and Cougar all very clean and tidy. The PA28 and C172 were $84 per hour (when you put $1000 down). A big bonus is that they reimburse fuel purchased away from Merrit at $4 per gallon (irrespective of what you pay - which was often $3.15 per gallon... and yes you get to keep the profit!!).

I know this probably sounds a bit like an add on the behalf of Voyager but I can assure you it is not. As a pilot having to pay for his own flying I just wanted to pass on an excellent flight school to fellow pilots. Unfortunately they only do FAA training but if we can get enough brits over there perhaps they may venture into JAA.

If anyone wants to message me I would be happy to explain more and even share my photos of the excellent time I had.

Afterall are there many flight schools left where they have fresh coffee and donuts all day every day and you can just hang out for a chat all for free?

Regards

Keith