PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ridiculous and Dangerous RT
View Single Post
Old 25th Oct 2006, 09:58
Captain Mercurius

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Ridiculous and dangerous R/T

Dear Captainpaddy ,

I have read with interest your comments, about the ridiculous requests on ATC.

This is we can call the “new breed pilots” flying around, and providing “very safe” operations to the general public.

If we analyze such ludicrous requests by CRM point of view, these people display that they seriously lack of Situational Awareness.

If we try to see it from the professional aspect or point of view, many of us is already used to these “company saviors” who do anything , to improve production , without any regard to safety, without any concern who are the other traffics around, ANYTHING WATSOEVER !

Provided they look good on the Boss eyes, and climb the ladder quickly.

They will fly, even without fuel or wings, if it was possible.

It is not only ridiculous, but shameful a so called grown person, to trigger the button, and try to explain his passengers are getting a connecting flight, and for that the ATC, should collaborate to expedite them to gain 2 MINUTES!

Like the ATC does not collaborate, or even implying that the operational problem of certain airline, becomes an ATC problem, this is ridiculous.

Or even making sarcastic comments, like as “scenic route” meanwhile they still keeping warp 9 on a traffic pattern were the legal speed, suppose to be already the one, in the STAR chart, and class airspace.
Therefore, if they are over speeding, they should be served with a nice ticket to make them to cool down.

I wish to conclude with the following statements:

It is a long time I am in aviation, and had to live with idiots, triggering the button without even asking or explaining, before to make these kinds of requests to ATC.
Likely, my airline had the “right medicine “for them on that time.

Whenever approaching or departing out of UK, always I was given the best of the ATC could give me, and this is my view until today.
Whenever I needed to change my heading for WX reason, they always tried to accommodate my request.

Several times, I had to deal with late departure or late arrival, due to several reasons, with many passengers on connecting flights at destination.
However, the mater it was dealt with the company’s concern department, even giving much up to date information by radio or ACARS, so they could themselves make the required arrangements to accommodate the transiting passengers.

This is NOT, by all means the responsibility of the ATC, but of a professional pilot, with a professional attitude.
Safe flying to all

Mercurius