PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ridiculous and Dangerous RT
View Single Post
Old 25th Oct 2006, 08:57
captainpaddy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Phew!

Thank goodness it's not just me! I've mentioned this to a few of my colleagues but they've never seemed to be bothered by it. It drives me crazy!

My vote is for the next time you guys get a stupid request like this on a quiet evening, you should politely point out the fact that they are wasting valuable air time and that they have already been given the most direct routing available considering other traffic.

It reminds me of those who incessantly ask whether they can expect holding approaching DAYNE or MIRSI at MAN despite the fact that ATC are already at capacity. THE STAR SAYS DAYNE/MIRSI IS THE CLEARANCE LIMIT! I only assume that it takes less physical exertion to push the PTT than it takes to push the three buttons required to enter the hold on the FMS! Before you fuelaphobics have a go, every single crew I've heard ask this question and then subsequently be given multiple laps of holding have never complained or mentioned fuel at all. They obviously had enough to do it in the first place.

This really is becoming a great counselling session for me! Thanks!