PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MOD bans ITV news access to Warzones
View Single Post
Old 25th Oct 2006, 07:08
London Mil

The press are hostile to the forces all of the time Beags. Shame you haven't noticed.
I don't think the press are hostile to the armed forces. They are merely a business that needs to sell stories, regardless of what the story is or where it comes from.

Right now, the military provide easy pickings. There's nothing more meaty than pictures of "our poor troops suffering due to Governmental incompetence/arrogance", reinforced by beautiful snippets from leaked emails and forum threads. Look at what else is going on in the 'news' right now. The Macca divorce (I bet he would like the ability to 'gag' the press), Posh getting her kit off (again?), Madge buying a 'Black Kid', Tony and his never-ending resignation and migrants.

All this is stuff where the press choose to pitch a story in a critical manner, normally focussed on the establishment or a celebrity.

Personally, I'm tempted to shove my head in the sand and ignore the news. It has ceased to inform me in an unbiased manned and certainly doesn't bring any light to my life.