PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Egnatia flight college
View Single Post
Old 24th Oct 2006, 23:38
FougaMagister

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting thread. Egnatia Flying College seems to be following a similar course to a US FTO I attended at the start of my modular flight training a few years ago. For instance, starting with a brand new fleet of high-tech training aircraft, spending on proper facilities and accommodation, being based at a proper commercial airport (training in a commercial environment, mixing it with airline traffic and using procedures specific to commercial airports from the outset does pay dividends later on), recruiting ground and flight instructors from European "client" countries, etc.

It is also a fact that a "start-up" is always more willing to go the extra mile to accommodate the requirements of its students, as opposed to some long-established FTOs sometimes resting on their laurels a bit too much...

Of course, before commiting the amount of money we are talking about, one should always ask all relevant questions, ask for advice and eventually visit the "finalist" FTOs (and ask more questions), but Egnatia seems to be offering an interesting alternative to notoriously overpriced UK-based FTOs - and even to the popular Spanish option.

In other words, if I was to start flight training now (not that I would want to do it all over again), I would definitely consider Egnatia Fying College.

Cheers

P.S.: also, Kevala looks much better as a training environment than the Midlands in winter...