PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cypriot airliner crash - the accident and investigation
Old 24th Oct 2006, 18:26
gonso

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eyes wide shut,
I would not know the answer to your 2 questions. BUT, the report explains the configuration of the test flight, (14degrees outflow, "frozen" by the selector in manual, up to 10.000ft). There is no mention in the report about "unbearable ear pain" or "significant ear pain" in the identical conditions demonstrated. I am sure that if symptoms like these were present, they would have been included in the report.
The company claims (according to the journalist) that they have conducted extensive testing and they claim it is "impossible". I would like them to give us the exact parameters and nature of the testing, so we can have an opinion.
jbsharpe,
The report mentions the 4 portable oxy bottles in the cabin, each with endurance of 1:15h to 2:45. Only one bottle would have been enough. 2 or 3 were found used in the wreckage.
If you are asking the exact actions and survival techniques of the steward the first 2hrs of the flight, we will never know. That would be pure speculation. The reports (usually) don't speculate (much).