PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The never-ending 'Modular vs. Integrated' debate - merged ad nauseam
Old 24th Oct 2006, 11:58
Wannabe1974

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dr Eckener
Gufo sums it up very well. I did not make any distinction between integrated and modular, just your attitude of 'I want it now!' I wish you all the best, but do not think that buying licences and ratings is the key to getting a job.
Why would I think that? And I'm not buying anything - I'm sacrificing lots and I'm prepared to work bloody hard.
The key to getting a job, any job, is marketing yourself well. There are lots and lots of people who've gone straight into a job after integrated training. I think I'm big enough and have enough experience to be a fantastic candidate for employment. And if I'm not, then I'll just have to work round it. I'm not the kind of person that gets stopped by problems. There's always a way round in my experience.
The point about having a different opinion later is not lost on me. I have a different opinion of the career I am in at the moment from before I began it. Life is full of uncertainty, risk, blah blah blah. The point is that I know that I will regret it if I don't take the chance now. Is that wrong?
I'm sure none of this will be easy, but I would say that I have been to plenty of flight training organisations and met lots of students who think the world owes them a living because they can fly a plane. Big deal! It takes more than that to get a job. And I know that I have loads to offer. So, please, no more negativity! You know what they say - if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all!