PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tornado jet "plunges" towards Ryanair aircraft
Old 24th Oct 2006, 08:09
Tonic Please

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here's the FR>EN translation done by me, properly. (don't worry, I know what I'm doing more the Bable).

An aircraft of Irish airline company Ryanair, came dangerously close to a collision when a German fighter plane brushed by it, shortly before the flight went on to land at Hahn (SW Germany), we learnt Friday by the German Air Traffic Control, DFS.

The accident took place last Monday when the Ryanair aircraft en route to Hahn from Pisa, Northern Itality, was preparing to land at Hahn, situated between Luxembourg and Francfort. It had a military Tornado fighter brush past it, a situation described by the pilot as "dangerous", according to a spokesperson for DFS, Axel Raab. According to the first bits of information available to the DFS, the Ryanair plane was infact overflown by two Tornados, of which one, for reasons which remain unclear, unexpectedly nose-dived, approaching "very close" to the civil airliner. The two fighters then returned to their base in Nörvenich, about 100km further North.

An inquest has been initiated by the Cologne Army (West).

Voilà.