PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Air Interview (threads merged)
View Single Post
Old 24th Oct 2006, 00:01
UAXCAPT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grrr Ziva GF

Ziva, I am sorry I have not replied to you promptly.. In fact this is to whom ever wants to find out the truth about Gulf Air.

1. The company is not growing, there are talks to retire the B767 fleet with no replacement plan on the table...

2. GF is not doing very well compared to Emirates, Qatar & Etihad in fact they are loosing some ground.

3. As a NTR flight officer you are required to sign a contract (bond) for 3 years or $36,000 USD..
4. The package they have to offer is not that great, low salary, the housing allowance is not good ..Comparing the package to the cost of living I will have to agree with the others it is not much.

5. GF will offer you stability if that is all you are looking for.. They have the backing of the king. so know that they will never go under ..As long as there is Oil in the country GF will continue to fly..

6. Upgrade time is in the neighborhood of 8 to 9yrs t this tiem on the A320.
7. schedule sucks.... you are only guaranteed 7 or 8 days off a month.

please don't get me wrong there are some positive things but when you look at the overall it is not all that.. Also note that with your experience you can get someting much better..
I.E if you wait until you hit 6000 Hrs totl time and have 2000 hrs Pilot in command time on a jet w/ a MTOW of 20 t or greater you can qualify for a DEC position with companies such as Air Arabia or Qatar Airways on the A320.. They usualy ask for 500 hrs on type but the number of qualified pilot is in decline and soon you will see what we have not witnessed in a long time..

Good luck and feel free to ask any questions.