PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Kunnunurra 2007 - Again.........
View Single Post
Old 23rd Oct 2006, 23:45
drshmoo

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Muir was a great bloke. How many bosses do you know that puts on two cases of beer for the boyz EVERY friday arvo. The amount of beer consumed in the Alligator hangar on friday afternoons in the last 20 years would be staggering. Easily some of my fondest memories, were of friday afternoon with the boyz (and a few tokens) in the hangar and then on to the TAV for a huge night, then sat morning doughnut run to IGA plus a strong coffee, then it was off to sit on a crate in the hangar feeling sorry for my self for the rest of the afternoon.

GA8 - To all concerned. I have around 400 ish scarecan hours and I enjoyed them all. Plenty of people pay them out, but at my height (5'7") it posed no back issues. They could have had rudder trim but from memory they had fixed rudder tabs that took care of most of the rudder issues in cruise. I think it used to make the fuel tanks flow in an unequal way though. I heard that WOV has been sent to scarecan heaven. very sad. My most GA8 in one day was 7.5 logged. But I think Phil crack daddy from sling did 8.0 in AZD.

Good luck to all the potentials pilots next year and good luck to the boyz approaching their first wet season.