PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilots who went on strike let go by PHI
View Single Post
Old 23rd Oct 2006, 16:42
gomex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Skiddriver and Hoss1
I did check out the Captain with a couple of PHI pilots, and I stand by my statememt. I did not mean that this captain was not qualified for the aircraft, but was less experience than the crew he replaced. I also check out the SIC with one of our pilots who went to school with him, and PHI promise him a S76 checkout when he left the school, and PHI honor that promise. I thought this was a rumor network, I am trying to get some information about this accident, as this affect me and all the pilots that actually flies in the GOM.
1. Why did it take 3 hours to find the crew. The company I work for installed flight tracking radios that give our GPS position every few minute, that should have narrow the search area.
2. What phase of flight did this accident take place;ie,takeoff, landing or cruise?
3. Was it a mechanical failure? This is one of the safest helicopter that we fly, it has an outstanding safety record. I would like know since I fly this model.
4. With the work schedule (Strike)that the PHI pilots are working I suspect fatigue and stress are a factor. I was relieved and happy when the crew were rescue,as I wish no one ill will. My company help search for this crew, and our pilots did not care that the crew cross the picket line, they were trying to help.