PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - A Guide for Prospective Pilot Employees
Old 23rd Oct 2006, 15:05
Harves

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Without wishing to hijack this thread, I did have a question along similar lines. I am 737 3-900 rated with >500 hours on type. I see from the recruitment pages aplicable to me that they bond non NG rated recruits for 5 years. I am aware that technically my license qualifies me NG and indeed a couple of years ago, I undertook a 2 day NG diffs course. At the time, I was told that FR did not recognise this and I would need to do a full rating. I must emphasise that this was not from the horses mouth, but had heard it from multiple sources. Obviousely, I appreciate that I would need some conversion training, but would like to know what FR consider as NG rated. It would seem to me somewhat steep to do a short diffs course coming from a 300 that I fly now and then be bonded for 5 years. On that point, would anyone know the value of the bond and whether it decreases on a pro-rata basis? Thank's in advance for any replies and appologies to JB10 for higacking the thread, but maybe may answer some more quetions that you may have had too.