PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ALPA to Ask for Cockpit Guns - CNN
View Single Post
Old 25th Sep 2001, 07:59
George Semel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Look, if a Pilot wants to carry his own gun, fine, I carried one every day I few on the job up in Alaska. Guess what nothing happened. I didn't shoot myself or anybody else. Besides the funny thing its the Law in Alaska, that a proper firearm must be part of the kit.Back in the '70's a lot of the guys carried guns, they stopped when airplane highjacking sort of went out of style. The guys on Airplane number four took it back at the cost of there own lives. My guess is that anybody that says highjack on an Airplane now is going to get the S**t kick out of them. I don't think passingers will sit by like sheep anymore. Besides if the Airlines like American Authorizes and requires that the pilots carry side arms, then as far as US regulations go, they can. My guess it will be like before, are you nuts, and just do it on the QT. It would not surprise me that if there are guns on airliners that are flying already. Besides as a passinger I would not even care if they did, just like I don't care what you ate for lunch either.