PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - oh dear
Thread: oh dear
View Single Post
Old 22nd Oct 2006, 21:46
flyboy007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AT Mov
Have read through this thread and feel the need to comment. Being on duty on the day of this incident at the aircraft's home base, we knew before if left theatre that is was going to be u/s on arrival in Cyprus. We had a eng rep passed from the GE before it left.
Would all aircrew who have told us how good they all are at looking after passengers, care to explain why the pax were only told of the problem after they arrived at AKT. Too busy in the five hours to be the great communicators and people focus types they claim to be?"
Well, given that I wasn't on that trip, and I am one of the ones who posted that I try to brief the pax myself when possible, then I can't provide you with that answer. If they could've, and it was certain that it was going to be u/s on landing, they should've. I hope this explains. Rest assured that we are all responsible for the flow of information, at appropriate times. The main issue of this thread however does appear to stem from the attitude of those on the ground when the aircraft landed.

FatLad, indeed a good post, however I think many of us, who have on occasion sent up the chain if we have received a less than satis service, find that little, if anything appears to happen. Correct me if i'm wrong, as I said nothing APPEARS to happen. That's obviously not the fault of the guy on the ground, but a fault of the system. eg the routestage. Does it really work??

Chug, you have hit the nail on the head, well done.

All the best,