PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - oh dear
Thread: oh dear
View Single Post
Old 22nd Oct 2006, 21:28
Chugalug2

Received 236 Likes on 72 Posts
Originally Posted by Fat Lad
I am perplexed by the number of people jumping to conclusions on this subject when they are blatantly unaware of all the facts. Two sides to every story, anyone?
Yes, if you haven’t guessed by now I am a Movs Officer (Supply Officer with the Movs annotation), and I am bl00dy proud of the hard work and can-do attitude displayed by the vast majority of the Movs Trade! If you are dissatisfied with the standard of service received from Movs Staff then please seek out the chain of command and let them know; attitude readjustment can them commence! After all we are all on the same side….aren’t we?
FL Great maiden post, Sir, and welcome to the lions den! I hope that some of your fellow movers will join you in putting their two penn'eth. I really can't see the use of everyone involved simply posting to their own forums, sort of preaching to the converted! I hope we can all appreciate that, when we don't talk to each other, there are plenty of "knowledgeable" people who will the vacuum! Thus we are told on good authority that crews write their own itineraries. Movers have a perfect knowledge of everything that is happening, and use this to subvert the free flow of AT with an agenda that Goebbels would have admired. Planners produce flow charts for no good reason than their artistic merit, whatever, all utter twaddle, but all because of no information or dis information. Whatever Beags has said elsewhere, he is surely right about one thing. NEVER NEVER LIE TO THE PAX!!! If you are a mover, but are not sure what the situation is, find out. If you are crew and know what the situation is, tell others who don't. This isn't a game of "knowledge is power", it's a game of trust, lose that and you will not regain it easily. So the aim is that every one knows what every one knows. Obviously if the reasons are complex and accumulative then a précis of the scenario is in order. You have the advantage of having, in the main, resilient pax who will put up with anything as long as they are not being lied to, so keep them in the loop and respect them!
Rant over, message ends!