PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas - Uk
Thread: Qantas - Uk
View Single Post
Old 22nd Oct 2006, 21:27
GalleyChick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by seadolphins77
Hi everbody,
I was supposed 2 start the QF course of July, but had problems (how upsetting!!! ) because of a barotrauma (I'm already FA...). I look forward to starting and you're helping me in doing my choice 2 call them back, cause now I would be ready 2 start. I have just one simple question: do you think it's possible to commute, as I live in Italy...?
Thanks a lot.
Sue
We have quite a few commuters in the UK base - living in Rome, Venice, Paris, Barcelona, Brussels etc.... You can live wherever you like as long as you can make it for sign on. The commuters usually try to move their trips around and work 2 trips in a row so that they can get blocks of days off together to go home. They also try to swap for the BKK and SIN that sign on late so that they can get their flight from home to london on the same day. When you are on reserve however you must be at least 90 minutes away from the base in case you are called for a duty (it happens a lot). Commuters either stay in a hotel near the airport or stay with friends when they have reserve days or training days.