PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair and "Priority Boarding"
View Single Post
Old 22nd Oct 2006, 17:52
flybywire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SXB
Smith

I don't remember the last time I travelled in Business Class where young children were present, that isn't to say that they were not there it's just that most parents are able to control their children by keeping them occupied. Travelling with children over the age of 3 should not really be a problem as they can be occupied, under 3 is more difficult and should you come across parents with such children instead of scowling at them or suggesting a kind of 'airline apartheid' you should try to help them, like most people do. Often, people travelling with young children are doing it out of necessity and not through choice.

The only time I do get annoyed is when older children run amok in the cabin because their parents can't be bothered to control them, though the Cabin Crew are normally good at dealing with such problems.
Can I just say it happens regularly, especially during school holidays, that young children travel in business class, at least in my airline. Often we have "UM" that is unaccompanied minors too.

Amazingly in my flying career I only had problems with kids, in any class, whose parents were on board too. When kids travel alone they're usually very well behaved, or much easier to control. I have a fridge full of drawings made for me by UMs, I keep them dearly.

One thing that irritates me is when for example a family of 3 books mother and kid in C class and the father in Y. They are hoping for an extra upgrade for free once on board...........sorry it doesn't work with me!!! The alternative could be to send the kid to the back

As for kids screaming in C class, only once I had to move the family affected to the rear of the aircraft as this kid was possessed!! He was really disturbing everybody and after throwing up on of our premier card holders and the parents refusing to clear up, I decided that enough was enough!

And talking about FR not liking families....my little screamer will arrive in about 4 months but from a selfish point of view I couldn't be bothered what FR like or want, really, as today I received the news that a very good italian carrier (no F3G,not AZ!!! ) is starting flights between my city and London, that means BYE BYE FR!!! Hopefully I'll never see you again!!! YIIIIIPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!