PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Atlas Air
Thread: Atlas Air
View Single Post
Old 22nd Oct 2006, 16:32
ship's power

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just now listend to the recent Polar VARS - sounds ok to me.

"Atlas MEC Chairman Captain Borne expressed his concern to the Executive Council regarding the validity of the PID and merger in light of the Company’s recent announcements. The Polar MEC agreed with Captain Borne. ."

". . . while I attended the ALPA Board of Directors Meeting in Las Vegas. . I had the opportunity to listen to the Globalization Presentation Panel, and realized that . . . the issues that are threatening our profession worldwide are a reality today in our own company. Global Mergers, Branding, Alliances, Foreign Control are the newest weapons that corporations are using to weaken the power of labor. Corporations funnel cash up to holding companies, operate via multiple shell airlines out of different countries with different labor laws, and attempt to make pilots compete for jobs (just as we see happening here under AAWW) on a low bid basis. . . . airline managements continue to transfer flying to the cheapest crew force that is willing to undercut their fellow union. . . towards a race to the bottom and we must think and act collectively as a group to effectively combat it. Now, more than ever we must stand together"

"it continues to be our utmost goal to put an end to the contentious labor/management relations that continue to plague this company."

Last edited by ship's power; 23rd Oct 2006 at 17:03.