PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Pilot talks about bombing White House on open mike
Old 22nd Oct 2006, 15:20
Airbubba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've never been too keen about chatting over the intercom in a transport jet cockpit. A couple of the females where I work want to call V1, rotate over the interphone so they can hear it through their designer headphones. Reaching for a mic button on the yoke or the panel at that phase of flight is a little distracting in my opinion. And yes, I have used interphone in years past in commuter and military aircraft.

Some years ago a Delta captain was fired for, among other things, inadvertantly using nautical language over the PA while sitting at the gate. He was about to make an announcement when the probationary (i.e. low paid) FE attempted to reimbuse him for a meal the captain had generously bought. With the mike still keyed, the pax heard "Here, take your G-- D--- money, I don't want it!"

A few weeks ago I heard a Continental pilot give a long PA brief about the weather and sun and fun at Fort Lauderdale. He was transmitting on guard coming out of EWR so he got a lot of feedback on his performance.