PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - oh dear
Thread: oh dear
View Single Post
Old 22nd Oct 2006, 14:35
Chugalug2

Received 228 Likes on 71 Posts
M747, Thanks for that, and to be fair quite a few of them seem to be taking notice about what has been said here, as well as arrse,rum etc. Maybe the technocrats could organise an inter forum thread one day?

UG Couldn't agree more, discuss but don't damn! My perspective on this is coloured by some 26 years with the airlines. The difference being, of course, that the Pax also pay your wages (in my case the little old lady in 13E!), and everyone is, or should be, aware of that. None the less the only reason we have an AT fleet, squadrons, ENG wings, MAMS, bases, Ops etc etc is because of the Passengers and the Freight. The only reason for the CAT system, TACEVAL, Medicals etc is the Passengers and Freight. They should be central in the mind of everyone in the AT game, wherever or whatever they are.

I remember many, many, years ago an RAF flight safety film called "Frustration" about a Javelin crew (told you it was long ago) ferrying an aircraft down the CENTO route. As the title suggests they were stymied by all and sundry. Mess stewards, Stores... well you get the picture! It all ends in tears in the Gan lagoon IIRC. Perhaps it is time for another such Cecil B deMille production focused on passengers!