PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Did You Fly The Vulcan?? (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 22nd Oct 2006, 14:15
Pontius Navigator
I don't own this space under my name. I should have leased it while I still could

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by forget
ARI 5919 Red Steer tail-warning radar, derived from the radar used on Meteor night-fighters.
Well, if it was a Meteor development they should have put it in the Lightning. Although I didn't use the RS2 it certainly appeared to be the goods. Certainly far greater range and capability than the Javelin. While it could not lock-up - we needed it to keep scanning - its ability to spot an AAM launch was first rate.

Some more mods I remember:

Before Green Satin 2 was changed to D72M, we had the Green Satin Mk 1. The old, fixed, rear crew seats originally had Mk 20 (IIRC) parachutes with an agonising back pad (15% disability thank you Mr Irvine) and these were replaced with an easier to use Mk 46 before the swivel seat came in.

The rearcrew services were also provided through an MSC - multi-services connector. With the advent of the swivel seat this was replaced with a much sexier SSC or swivel seat connector. This meant however that we lost the g-suit connection and the AVS was connected separately.