PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - oh dear
Thread: oh dear
View Single Post
Old 22nd Oct 2006, 12:14
AT Mov

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
so nice being a mover

Have read through this thread and feel the need to comment. Being on duty on the day of this incident at the aircraft's home base, we knew before if left theatre that is was going to be u/s on arrival in Cyprus. We had a eng rep passed from the GE before it left.

Would all aircrew who have told us how good they all are at looking after passengers, care to explain why the pax were only told of the problem after they arrived at AKT. Too busy in the five hours to be the great communicators and people focus types they claim to be?

In the controlling authority we sorted out getting the needed part in place to get the jet home nad back into the plot, and investigated how to recover the pax.

I cannot claim that the staff at AKT did a good job, but can remind you of another fact that has been forgotten. AKT movs staff are in the RAF, they will work for as long as they are told to. The big shift problem there is the civvy fire staff. When we have an aircraft delayed that is going to arrive at AKT after the published opening hours, we have to get PJHQ approval to make the station stay open. This is because we have to PAY from a BUDGET.

In finnishing can I just say in my 20 plus years I have never stolen from baggage, trashed anyones kit, deliberately sent anything to the wrong place or tried to be anything other than polite. This I would say has also applied for the vast majority of the other 850 members of my trade.

However, people here tell us we are all crap and use oxygen that should be for others. Keep telling us that, we might just start to believe you and live up to your expectations. How do you hold such a broad brush?