PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EXETER
Thread: EXETER
View Single Post
Old 22nd Oct 2006, 07:59
GBALU53

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Like a lot of things in life when new management takes over, until Flybe gets stuck round a table and disscuss the future operations out of Exeter is is all speculations the new owners will not be helpful to improve operations out of there.

For many years Exeter has been behind the times but now Flybe has put fresh air into the area with all these new destinations

If we go back aboutseven or eight years they just had a Dash 8 200 (Very Little Dash) based there and now i think you will find One Boeing 737 300 to be replaced by an E195 shortly a Bae 146 which i would expect to be a E195 in the future and a super Dash 400.

This is a lot more seats than the little dash of thirty nine seats.

Also we must not forget the massive new complex of two very big hangars at the eastern end must have cost a million or two i have had the oppertunity to look around the smaller of the two last year and in that hangar alone was three 146s and a super dash and i understand the other hangar was larger.

The engineering work force they have and the service they provide to out side customers it would be stupid in my oppinion for the new owners not to work with Flybe.