PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - oh dear
Thread: oh dear
View Single Post
Old 21st Oct 2006, 19:10
Chugalug2

Received 236 Likes on 72 Posts
ABIW, I know that you addressed your post to Beags, but please excuse me if I pick up some of your points.
"Its not my job" is an attitude of mind rather than a statement of fact. Of course when you disembark pax into the care(sic) of the DAMO, they become his responsibility. If you can trust him/her to discharge that responsibility to the full, fine. If you cannot, then you have a vested interest to keep an eye on how they are being cared for, just as if you had diverted to somewhere without any RAF presence whatsoever. If for no other reason this is in your own (as a crew) self interest. As you say that this is what you do, then hopefully we agree that it is a good thing.
As the one who was the target of and the responder to Ratty's first two posts how did I take him out of context? On the contrary I was responding to his spirited go at me. Fair enough but the words pot and kettle come to mind!
Now we are adding RAFLOs to the names in our little black book, Pike! Pretty soon its going to contain everyone except thee and me, and I'm not so sure about thee! So let's agree that Pax handling in the RAF leaves a lot to be desired for myriad reasons, but principally down to plain old attitude. Well, that's an RAF problem, and when it's happening to YOUR PAX it's your problem as Beags says. Start setting an example, and who knows it might just catch on, and even if it doesn't at least your pax will have been better treated!