PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - oh dear
Thread: oh dear
View Single Post
Old 21st Oct 2006, 18:38
Always_broken_in_wilts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No Beags it's not, you like I do it because we know the baggage crushers lie like a cheap changi watch but ultimately it's not our job.

I am sure Ratty has been taken out of context as I know that most self respecting Herc ALM's will go out of their way to keep the pax in the loop however I can name dispersals at Lyneham where legging it back to the terminal to tell the pax the "truth" is just not a realistic option.

Guys I feel sorry for are the likes of Jayteeeeeeto, someone I know very well who have been let down a by chisseling feckin RAFLO in the circumstances he describes. JT in Washington there is an RAF Mov Officer and SNCO whose main role is to deal with the exact situation you have described. The crew are suposed to leave the unfortunate pax in their capable hands and they are supposed to put you in hotel rooms, pay for you to eat and drink, no alcohol unfortunately, and see that you are not needlessly out of pocket.

There are, if I remeber correctly, 4 RAFLO's for the whole of the US and Canada who live an extremely good life and have fingers in more pie's than you can shake a stick at, bit like the Mover in the Gulf who procures the beer for the Basra det then takes a "nice little earner" from the hard earned money supplied by the in theatre folks. On the whole they do a pretty reasonable job however in my 10 year Herc life I have seldom seen them go out of their way and have regularly experianced the sort of debacle you decribe. Trust me when I say that if the crew were aware of your circumstances I would be very surprised if they had not come to your aid.

all spelling mistakes are "df" alcohol induced