PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - oh dear
Thread: oh dear
View Single Post
Old 21st Oct 2006, 17:43
Chugalug2

Received 236 Likes on 72 Posts
Originally Posted by ratty1
Once the pax are offloaded the frame due to a technical snag they become the responsibility of the Movements staff. The ALM will no doubt have told them what the problem is on the PA. Any further delay should be transmitted from Ops to the Pax desk so that the person who's job it is i.e the DAMO will then let them know. If they are not doing this then it is not my fault or problem. As you are aware of crew duty, then you will appreciate that if the delay is going to mean that a new crew is required then the off going ALM is not going to hang around and keep the pax informed? Get real. They are not there to do other peoples jobs.
No one suggested that the ALM should do anything other than walk to the Terminal and update the Ground Staff and Pax about an inevitably changing situation. 5 Minutes max, and only if the captain is unable to do it himself! Your description of the DS solution patently doesn't work. Ops do not transmit info to the Pax Desk, so the movers feel constrained to lie to or ignore YOUR PAX! With respect, maybe you, and others who are like minded, should get real and take a leaf out of flyboy's book above. If Pax are treated with respect they will go along with almost anything. If they are being lied to and treated with contempt in the Terminal, it's your problem whether you like it or not. If they learn not to trust the Ground Staff, what chance of them trusting the Aircrew ten minutes later on a full blown Abandon due to Engine Fire on the runway. You guys have a vested interest to change things ASAP. I should start now!