PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - oh dear
Thread: oh dear
View Single Post
Old 21st Oct 2006, 17:17
Pontius Navigator
I don't own this space under my name. I should have leased it while I still could

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
By way of introduction, apart from my role as a member of the House of Commons Defence Select Committee, I am also a serving member of the Territorial Army and it was in this latter role that I travelled through your station on the way back from Kabul on Tuesday 26th September after an eight week operational tour in Afghanistan.
On refelection, I have thought about who wrote this letter. It is clear, from the quote, that the letter was from a Major in the TA to a Wg Cdr in the RAF. Given the introduction, this was not a private letter, nor did it follow the normal chain of command. In a military sense, it was impertinent; accurate may be but impertinent never-the-less.

That he mentioned that he was an MP was an attempt at moral blackmail. If it is correct that the Wg Cdr did not respond, then 'well done, Sir.' I am sure that the Stn Cdr will have taken whatever action he deemed appropriate including I would suspect contacting his superiors as if the Major's letter had been a PQ.

Clearly Lancaster knew what he was doing; at least as an MP I hope he knew.