PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - oh dear
Thread: oh dear
View Single Post
Old 21st Oct 2006, 17:08
Chugalug2

Received 236 Likes on 72 Posts
Originally Posted by ratty1
You really have no concept of AT in the RAF have you. What do you think the ALM is doing before flight? The terminal staff are responsible for the pax before they go out to the aircraft so if they are feeding them duff information then they should take it up with the DAMO. That is the Duty Air movements officer if you are unsure of what it means.
Wow I really rattled your cage! If you look at my profile you will see I know little about the "concept of AT in the RAF" of today, and what I have learned from this Forum,Threads and Posts such as yours makes me realise what a different one it is to the one I did know! I am fully aware of how busy an ALM is prior to departure. In my day (MRT) he was there before the drivers airframe supervising the loading, no doubt it is still the same. The theme of this thread is about passenger handling during delays, ie the freight is loaded,the pax boarded, the galley catered, the ships papers received and checked. All set to go, then the thingamajig that has to do with the Air Cond or starting or something packs up. Off load pax, brew a cuppa, review situation, listen to Captain's assessment of delay who then asks you to go to the terminal as he has a lot more signals to exchange. Tell the movers (hey! DAMO still means the same, about the only cryptic initials you guys spout that I do recognise) and keep the pax informed. Unacceptable, outrageous, unprecedented, not my job mate? Maybe the good Major has a point!

Last edited by Chugalug2; 21st Oct 2006 at 17:25.