PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot-Fatigue Test Lands JetBlue In Hot Water
Old 21st Oct 2006, 16:20
autobrake3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Strange how these airlines roll out the glib 'safety is our priority' line every time. As commercial enterprises I think we all know that year on year increasing profits is their number one priority. If eight hours duty time is the norm in Jet Blue, they've got it easy, I am rostered for regular 10 or 11 hour 4 sector days. After six years in low cost I am very very tired. The company I work for based their unpublished fatigue survey on the statistics gleaned from QARs. After the relatively coincidental introduction of QARs, a new aircraft fleet and a new ridiculously fatiguing rostering system, the company decided that fatigue was mitigated by the new rostering system based on a decline in reportable QAR events. The decline of course had nothing to do with fact that we became increasingly skilled at handling the new aircraft and flying within the limits of the QAR triggers. As is usual they prefer to pretend that fatigue is not a potential killer.