PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA 2166 from Tampa
View Single Post
Old 21st Oct 2006, 14:52
jondc9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mike jenvey and others responding to terrible news article.

this is why I get involved with a place like cnn...as you have all read and seen the article and picture of a completely different type of plane than the one involved and comment on such...why not do something?

why not speak out and try to explain to your news media what probably happened and not wait for the article to appear and be so awful?

It is better to have someone who actually has used TCAS to speak about what happened than have someone make it up and then publish it.

I think I finally started to speak out when I saw the headline "10 passengers die aboard Cessna 152". I hope that speaks for itself.

Obviously if a 777 pilot or any other pilot saw a TCAS RA, he had to respond to it.

The mention by top bunk of selecting the display to show almost 7000 feet higher is an important one. One can prepare with information gleaned from this method...if it is available.

the question about well being of injured and decision to continue will take time to judge. that judgement will be based on the long term health of the injured parties.

Some of you take such delight in attacking those of us who actually try to lift the media standards of aviation coverage. You are part of the problem as much as the publisher of this drudge report (and other sites).

jon

ps. on one of my airline's flights, someone got up to use the restroom with the seat belt sign illuminated...mamouth turbulence encounter(CAT), damage to aircraft and this poor man was left a paraplegic.

Stay in your seats as much as humanly possible with your seat belt fastened!