PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Silicon Oasis (Threads merged)
View Single Post
Old 21st Oct 2006, 11:54
Eldin

Location: In my study, with a pile of FCOM revisions to my left and a Macallan to my right.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by splitbar
Hi all. I have an interview scheduled for the end of November. Any insight into the process would be GREATLY appreciated. Has anybody else here been invited to Dubia to interview? Emirates said I have to get myself there but they will pay for my food & accomodations. Does Emirates have ZED fares from JFK or should I look into jumpseating on Delta? The full fare on Emirates was over $1000 and I would like to non-rev if I'm able. Is it worth me calling Emirates and asking for "space available" from JFK? Any info is appreciated guys/galls and I hope to see you soon over in the UAE!!!

In the past it was difficult, especially if you wanted to get into Business Class (or better). Soon there will be three daily Emirates services from JFK and my guess is that if you can't make it on one of the two non-stop flights, you could alawys try the newly introduced service via Hamburg, Germany. Two will be on the 777-300ER and one is on the 340-500, which almost doubles the number of seats compared to what we had a few weeks ago.

You could also try Etihad, they operate into AUH, just an hour down the road from DXB and you could take a rental car from there.

Etihad and the Emirates' Hamburg service are new, so better check when they will start operating and if it suits your needs.

No US passenger carrier offers currently any direct service into Dubai, what you may find in the published timetables are all codeshare flights, so better check whether your ticket will be accepted by the code share partner airline.

But first, I would check with Emirates, I heard through the rumour mill that they will now supply you with a ticket, but this could be wrong.

Good luck.