PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CC attitudes
Thread: CC attitudes
View Single Post
Old 20th Oct 2006, 21:08
BecauseCIDSsays_so!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Everyone!

I do agree with points you make DirtyDitch, there are some incredibly rude crew up there!

I have worked on both sides, I was with a LCC for quite a while both as crew and In Charge and I also worked for BA. I have to say, and this is only my experience, that I flew with ruder more aggressive cabin crew at BA than I ever did at my LCC but I also agree with everyone else there is no excuse, we are there to provide a friendly, professional service so I always encouraged my crew to keep providing this even if they got back to the galley and let rip about it there, the passengers deserve the respect just as the crew expect from the passengers.

Eidah hit the nail right on the head with reasons that can make LCC crew this way and again, it's no excuse but it is the reasoning, thats exactly how I used to feel! But you keep the smile in the cabin! I found with BA which I'm not sure if others did/do, was that a lot of crew have been in the job a very long time and don't actually like it but it's too good condtions, pay etc to leave due to their contract type, but ti doesn't make it easy for the crew they work with or the pax that catch the brunt of it because they asked for ice in their coke!!!!

I'm no angel, I have snapped at pax before but I've always chastised myself for it afterwards and thought 'it wasn't really their fault' etc but most of the time I do keep it professional and just have a whinge when I get home or in the galley with the others!

I agree with apaddyintheuk, speak with the SCCM, if they are good at their job, they will action it, and if it is them then make a comment to the company, it needs to be dealt with as it does give the rest of the crew with that airline a bad name. As much as we all try not to tarnish everyone with the same brush, I think we are all guilty of it after a bad customer service experience! There are the vast majoirty of crew dedicated to their jobs and who manage to keep a big smile on, even when they are on the 6th day of min rest and 4 sectors! Keep going guys- you're doing well!

Happy flying!