PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - oh dear
Thread: oh dear
View Single Post
Old 20th Oct 2006, 17:49
flyboy007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, here goes.
I too apologise to anybody who has been messed around on RTb from theatre, or indeed any other Tri* flight. I make this apology on behalf of the crews, the squadron, RAF Brize Norton, the RAF, and indeed the MOD (who seem unwilling/unable to make their own apologies for the lack of servicability of the AT fleet).
It is not excusable in any way to be treated as these experiences portray, and I sincerely hope that this form was not continued once actually on the Tri*.
Rest assured that certainly everybody I have flown these trips with has done their utmost to get the trip done with as little disruption as possible to our passengers, and although it may not seem the case at the time, we, the crews, are doing our best with the assets available. As noted in a previous thread, we are doing up to a 24 hour day to try and make these trips work if at all possible, and more often than not 'carrying' faults where necessary (and safe to do so).
Please also believe that it is utterly devastating, degrading, boring, tiring, and unsatisfying, to be constantly apologising to people who are trying to get home to snatch their R&R (or for whatever they may be travelling) for the delays and disruptions. Where delays have been numerous/significant I have tried to get to the terminal to brief the pax myself, so that they may get the story from the horses mouth.
As a final note, if anyone does in the future experience problems on board with the way they are being treated, or even if it's just a question, certainly I would be more than happy to answer those questions if you were to bring them to the flight deck.
Cheers, all the best, and sorry,
FB007