PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM AIRPORT - 3
View Single Post
Old 20th Oct 2006, 12:34
mattfalcus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DTVAirport
Summary:
Good Points:
-Despite bmibaby pulling out, the 'size' of the timetable doesn't seem too effected - probably because of three new routes - Brussels, Tenerife South and Barcelona Girona - hope that made sense!
-bmi seem to be sending us less A319's and more A320's which obviously means an increase in capacity on the route - the opposite of what you would expect as you'd think they would reduce capacity due to the inevitable knock-on effects of bmibaby pulling out.
Bad Points:
-On some of the Amsterdam routes the duration of the flight has been increased by five minutes, hinting at the possibility of Fokker 50's and not Fokker 70's.
-Lost the Wednesday and Saturday Dublin flights
-Thomsonfly Tenerife South flight could have bad effects on the load factors of the Flyglobespan Tenerife South flight or vice versa.
Can anyone tell me whether the Thomsonfly Tenerife South flight will be operated by Boeing 737-800's or Boeing 757-200's? I've put Boeing 757-200's but that's just wishful thinking on my part.

Believe me, the Fokker 50s take a lot more than 5 minutes longer than the F70s from Amsterdam. And it's the last thing you need when you've just done an 11 hour flight

I don't think the Thomsonfly Tenerife flight will affect the Flyglobespan one too much. Thomsonfly operated quite well alongside bmibaby over the summer on routes to Alicante, Palma, Malaga etc. I'd assume they'd be using a 757 based on previous years.

Matt