PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - oh dear
Thread: oh dear
View Single Post
Old 20th Oct 2006, 11:36
snakepit

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry all but I have to agree with WPH.

An MP's job is to look at all the facts before shooting from the hip and criticising the troops he wanted to "be in bed with". What he experienced is the result of under funding and undermaning full stop.

The blame cannot be place with the very small cog in a very big wheel that let him and the R&R troops down. When the DSC looks at this they hopefully will look at the big picture in a professional manner and not make offhand criticisms.

I too have experienced the good and bad sides of movers, but much like any baggage handlers/airport staff they are easy targets for frustrated travelers when things go wrong, through no fault of their own. However, everyone including the movers are undermanned, and being in Cyprus does not stop people from doing OOA ops. Who is to say that the one mover on shift that day hadn't in fact given up his post det leave from a 4 month tour just to look after the passengers in question. Who then would criticise him for wanting to finish his shift to get home?

We are all undermanned and working with seriously knackered kit. I don't think it does us any favors knocking other trades when we should be blaming the lordships and MP's who are happy to send people to war in this state!

I promise never to defend movers again.

You aint seen my right.