PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - oh dear
Thread: oh dear
View Single Post
Old 20th Oct 2006, 09:06
Twonston Pickle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm posted to Cyprus soon; bet the cushy life has been axed by then, especially in response to the letter!

Seriously, the attitude of the movers has been shocking for many years; morale may be low in the RAF, and the military as a whole, but you should still be able to provide a good service and particularly to your fellow servicemen. Shift change excuses are poor skills; you stay on shift until the job is done and staying half an hour for late pax to eat a meal is not that difficult to arrange.

I experienced something similar coming back from Telic for R&R but we had 15 mins for breakfast! At least bunk beds and a TV were provided though. When trying to return from R&R back to theatre, I was told that my name wasn't on the list and I wouldn't be able to travel (despite having written confirmation from the FMCC in theatre!). I eventually convinced them (why didn't I just go home?) that they should squeeze me on, only to be told that they now needed me to be the PRO (despite a Lt Col on Board and I'm only a Flt Lt). Cheeky Barstewards. I did get a row of seats all to myself though.

Edited to add that WPH has the MP bang to rights; he's there to improve things, not whinge like us.

Last edited by Twonston Pickle; 20th Oct 2006 at 09:09. Reason: Ommission