PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Cockpit Intruder
View Single Post
Old 20th Mar 2001, 05:24
Alien Shores

Question

You want the facts? Here's one for you.. the FIRST person on the flight deck following Mr What's-his-names attempt at suicide was the relief First Officer. He was stretching his legs at the time and had reached the back galley of the aircraft. He was closely followed by the Captain from the bunk area, and together they wrestled the 'gentleman' as Mr Squid put it, clear.

Think about this for a second.... the F/O travelled the full length of an aircraft that was banked at over xx degrees for some of the period, and varying between xx degrees nose up, and xx degrees nose down.... and got there first.

All this before a single member of the cabin crew even stirred in the general direction of the cockpit. Where were the upper deck crew at the time?

Where are all the BA cabin crew I meet down route who pour such scorn on their pilots? If one of you had been first on the flight deck, I might listen in future...

That's a fact.... don't know about Lyon, sorry.

[This message has been edited by Alien Shores (edited 20 March 2001).]

.. and the edit by me is because I'm not sure if the exact figures are public domain yet, I've only seen them in in-house confidential notices. Suffice to say they were in the extreme range. Soon as I've checked in the office, I'll put 'em back up.

... confidential briefings only work if confidentiality is maintained.

Sick Squid
Cabin Crew Forum Moderator

[This message has been edited by Sick Squid (edited 20 March 2001).]