PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tiny Dining-in Night - Ideas, please!
View Single Post
Old 19th Oct 2006, 17:28
PPRuNeUser0139

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Instead of demonstrating to your Stn Cdr that you and your flt lt chums are just a bunch of suburban Club 18-30 food-throwing wannabes, I would support the suggestion made earlier of providing him with a meal to remember for the quality of the food, wine and not least, your own sparkling company.
Cooking for only 10-11 as opposed to the more usual 100 plus would also give the chef much greater scope for an imaginative menu.
If I was the Staish in question, given the choice of a fine meal, superb wine and the combined wit of ten flt lts versus an Officers’ Mess version of It’s a Royal Knock-Out, I know which I’d go for. But what do I know..
Alternatively, how about if you got the Fire Section to squirt the meal down a fire hose at you, in a darkened room with a maddened RAF police dog for company..
Or just mix the complete meal up into one steaming heap and arrange for a friendly Rock Ape to explode the lot over you all..
Or how about you all have to wear goon suits and you throw your food at the person opposite. Laugh..? (I almost did)