PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How to spot a spotting spot - Spotting Locations everywhere! Q&A HERE
Old 19th Oct 2006, 09:29
ALLDAYDELI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Folks, thanks for your input.
AFAIK it is indeed BAA property. Thats why I was wise enough at the time not to be unprofessional and stamp my feet/make an issue about it.

The questions of airport access at Heathrow has been raised on other PPRUNE threads before. There have been various discussions on thru traffic, rat running, use of areas for commuting, catching trains/buses etc. In fairness I transit LHR twice daily and make multi-modal onward connections but I am not an airline passenger! How can they enforce that?

OK - My gripe here is really over consistency.
Why is it that nobody (incl Police) have ever had issues with me before?
I reguarlarly stand and cycle around and within the LHR permiter with my camera - including close prox to the T5 end, mostly weekends.

And yes, Myrtle Road is NOT BAA land but the likes of EastChurch Rd Roundabout, Hatton Cross station forecourt, Southern Peri Rd etc all are BAA properties.

The point again was later the same day I was stood in the same location and the very same security man in his Land Rover saw me but never stopped or said a word.

Just one of those things I suppose. I respect it is private property and I am sure it might raise its head again in the future. Off the cuff, if BAA had decent/proper facilities for the enthusiast then maybe we wouldnt need to hang around on extermities of BAA property.