PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates
Thread: Emirates
View Single Post
Old 18th Oct 2006, 19:58
helfsich

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cosmopolitian
hi all ,
i want to know does ek really equal to everyone?what about the life style there?and any ek cabin crew can tell me r u happy there?
thanks a lot

Hey there Cosmopolitan -

Been with EK since December. I'm still in the honeymoon stage, loving flying and travelling and such. The Dubai night life is very good, esp if you like to party, there's a particular nightclub that goes off on each night of the week. And you have the beach, shopping, and desert driving, and Ski Dubai, and so many other things within Dubai, plus all the wonderful things you get to do overseas. Some crew who are leaving behind partners in their home country, tend not to last that long, and return home fresh out of training college, but sometimes the desire to travel is just too much. There's also a lot to learn about the Muslim culture if you're not normally exposed to it in your home country. It's very easy to live a happy life here, make friends, and the contacts you make in college stay with you for ages.

Also, Klintco mentioned the "Make Someone's Day video" they show at recruitment. Just to give you guys a heads up...On graduation day they get the new cabin crew to do a performance in abinitio groups at a time. There's a song played, you dance to it, and that's pretty much it. Don't freak out about it, You don't have to sing, and no one will hassle you about it for the remainder of your flying career, but you do have to do something a little fun. It's something to ask at the open day, that's for sure...