PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AEROFAN Flight Training (merged)
View Single Post
Old 18th Oct 2006, 10:40
apruneuk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just to add my twopenceworth. I did the full JAA MEIR course at Aerofan earlier this year and passed no problem - less than 3 weeks in total. More to the point, they tailored the course to suit me. I wanted to do more twin time than the standard course offered so did 25 hours in a 172 and 25 in a C310 (grown-up twin). Total cost including flights from UK and accommodation in the centre of Madrid, food and drink came to +/- £9k.

I had two instructors, one for the 172 and one for the twin. One was Argentinian and one, the CFI, was Spanish. Both spoke excellent English and knew their stuff (the CFI had several thousand hours commercial operations on light twins and was also rated on the 767). The boss, James Ward, is English and is also a FI although i get the feeling he is mostly office-bound these days. I was against the clock due to work commitments at home and Aerofan bent over backwards to get me through on time.

As for the aircraft, they were as good as any I have flown at any other flight school (and I have flown with US and UK schools in my time). The engineers were ex-military, the workshop appeared well-equipped and the planes appeared well maintained. What more can I say? Aerofan - professional and top value in my experience.