PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Round the world record
View Single Post
Old 18th Oct 2006, 09:06
Coconutty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
perfrej... - Glad you're enjoying the thread so far - Bit of an epic isn't it

Lets take away ( for now ) what I believe to be the scam side of all this where the Chief Pilot is trying to raise the $$$$ so he can set himself a world record - on the pretence that its all for charity - I think that point has been flogged to death now ...
( Other than to add that his recent US Coast to Coast "record" was also supposed to be a fund raiser for those "poor starving children" yet there is absolutely NO mention of how much cash was raised and paid to HIS "Charity" ) - I digress ....

... I personally think there is more chance of him killing himself, plus anyone else unfortunate enough to have been persuaded by him to fly with him, than achieve a Round the World record time in a helicopter.

Having read ALL of the posts here and a lot more besides, his demonstrations of poor planning, going inadvertent IMC with very low fuel, reliance on cheap off the shelf NVG's, inexperienced crew, possible unfamiliarity with aircraft, to name but a few, clearly show that this whole project is just another crash waiting to happen.

The lack of funding, or "sponsorship" is probably a good indicator that I'm not the only one who thinks this.